Expedia Technical Product Manager I in Seattle, Washington
The Expedia Partner Central (EPC) team is looking for a talented and passionate Technical Product Manager (TPM) to lead delivery for its product development team based in Bellevue. Our team is responsible for many features within Expedia Partner Central, our platform that supports our global family of hotel partners.
On this team, you will utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help directly drive Expedia, and Expedia Partners' success.
Your responsibility will be aligning business and technical components to ensure delivery of EPC features. You will work directly with a talented team of product owners, developers, testers, and data scientists who are responsible for building the products and architecture to communicate this information across the Expedia landscape. Are you passionate about technology, travel, hotels, revenue management, and have strong technical skills to understand and review the team's roadmap and implementations? Then this role is for you. You'll have the unique opportunity to guide implementations, and take end-to-end ownership of systems in collaboration with your peers in the Engineering and Product groups.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- You'll take ownership and advocate Agile methodologies while driving new feature development through every stage of the product lifecycle
- You will establish processes, tools, and metrics for product development
- Drive planning and facilitate roadmap alignment with the product owner and key partners
- You'll work with business partners to balance business strategy and technical objectives that are conveyed as clear, stable priorities for the team
- You'll turn high-level project objectives into a comprehensive set of user stories by leading intensive, multi-discipline, collaboration sessions
- Manage delivery of a high-quality product that is stable in production and satisfies scalability, reliability, and performance goals by working with engineers, data scientists and testers
- Lead understanding and actively contribute to our Agile environment such as Continuous Delivery & Test automation
- You'll be an active contributor to our team’s culture by embracing change, delivering quality products, and having fun together
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Technical degree with 2+ years of experience within the web development arena
- 1+ recent years in a technical program or product management role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
- Familiarity with frontend and backend development with an understanding of typical cloud architecture
- Successful experience creating clearly defined user stories from business requirements
- You possess a high degree of competency with project management including: project planning, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status across a global organization
- You have a proven ability to work with cross functional teams to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Experience with the entire SDLC and shipping of software using Agile methodologies – Engineering experience strongly preferred
- Self-starter, accustomed to working in a changing environment, who enjoys and takes pride in technical solution delivery
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business and technology problems that positively impact our users
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly to varying audiences
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time