Whole Foods Market Bakery (Coffee and Juice Bar) Team Member - Roosevelt Square in Seattle, Washington
Provide courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service. Perform all duties related to customer service, stocking, and sanitation.
• Provide outstanding customer service; ensure customer needs are met in a timely fashion
• Ensure freshness standards are adhered to on all whole bean, packaged, and brewed coffee
• Prepare coffee, tea, and juice drinks to order
• Adhere to all cleaning and maintenance care specifications of all equipment
• Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation or product
• Maintain accurate department signage and pricing
• Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product
• Maintain a clean and well organized work area
• Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Customer Service Focus
• Cash Handling Experience
• High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
• Ability to follow directions and established procedures
• Ability to sell proactively
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Essential Job Functions
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
• Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds
• Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation
• Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position to be filled.
Who are we? Well, we seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what we’re all about. Oh yeah, we’re a mission-driven company too.
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate - about great food, about the communities they live in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans - and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference.
Learn more about careers at Whole Foods Market here!