Washington State Assistant Documentation Specialist in Seattle, Washington
The Opportunity: WSDOT has an interesting position in our South Seattle project office for a Assistant Documentation Specialist. The incumbent will assist the Documentation Specialist with a variety of semi-skilled construction office engineering tasks. This position will assist with document control maintaining and organizing files using Contract Manager. This position will monitor contractor's payroll, wage and EEO submittals. This position will also assist in checking inspector's force account sheets, calculating equipment and wage rates; run pre-estimate and monthly estimate reports; assist with final records processing. This position is also expected to help with various other office engineering tasks as needed.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives whilefostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video:Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Assists the Documentation Specialist by checking field note records, checking inspector's daily force account sheets, monitoring contractor's payroll submittals, making or checking CAPS entries, and paying progress estimates.
- Maintains the contract files, both electronic and paper, and keeps the files organized so information can be easily located.
- Assists the Documentation Specialist in maintaining Contract Manager (Documentation Software); ensuring all documents are organized, entered and addressed in a timely manner.
- Assists Office Engineer with the preparation of contract completion letters, final vouchers and contract closeout.
- Fill in for other members of the office engineering staff during their absence, and answer phone calls in the absence of the Secretary Senior.
- Other duties as assigned, including field and night work as needed.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Must possess a valid WA State driver's license.
- Must be able to solve complex mathematical problems and also basic financial problems.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to readily adapt to using various computer programs.
- Must clearly understand WSDOT construction office business accounting practices.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary to meet strict deadlines.
- Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in the use of the MTP Server.
- Able to read and understand contract provisions, contract plans and Standard Specifications.
- Preferred minimum of one year experience as a Primavera Contract Manager specialist.
- 2 years' experience as a Transportation Technician 2 or equivalent in highway construction.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Outlook and lnfoPath.
- Preferred proficiency in the use of WSDOT programs for project administration such as: CAPS, MATS, SAM, CCIS, TRAINS and Hyperion.
- Proficient in the use of Contract Manager to track and provide reports on all aspects of construction project documentation.
Note: This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, you are required to become a member of the PTE, Local 17, or arrange to pay that union a representational fee. The union shop requirement shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. These documents must be attached in the attachment section of your application. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Cody Buchanan at email email@example.com.Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-NWR-10616.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter.
Salary: $50,292.00 - $67,584.00 Annually
Location: King County - Seattle - S. Seattle, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-NWR-10616
Closing: 4/24/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact