Kelly Services Manufacturing Engineer in Redmond, Washington
8 month contract
Up to 69 an hour
Works with limited supervision under the direction of Operations Management and/or with Project Leaders and other cross-functional groups (Production, Design Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Purchasing) to identify and lead improvements to the manufacturing and new product development processes.
• Resolve manufacturing issues from the most apparent symptoms to root cause using the DMAIC process or similar techniques.
• Coordinate on technical-level resolution/corrective action for mechanical design problems and defective materials.
• Lead the development and implementation of reliable manufacturing methods, working across functional groups; develop and implement new manufacturing processes and concepts.
• Design, conduct, and report on experiments to characterize and validate new or changed manufacturing processes.
• Train and mentor lower-level manufacturing engineers.
• Initiate capital expansion programs to facilitate cost improvement of products.
• Document and ensure configuration control.
• Prepare technical reports and feasibility studies.
• Review and analyze procedures to ensure cost-effectiveness.
• Coordinate new product and sustaining activities.
• Evaluate product designs and facilitate DF(X) improvements.
• Conduct process audit and method analysis.
• Coordinate MRB/scrap/rework activities.
• Represent Physio-Control in dealings with vendors and suppliers.
• Determine economic justifications for manufacturability – make vs. buy (product), lease vs. buy (capital equipment).
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.